Come work with us!
Thunder River Theatre Company is currently seeking a full-time Technical Director to join our team.
Job Posting: Technical Director
- Provide skilled workmanship for the technical elements needed for Thunder River Theatre Company’s productions and events in a safe, orderly, and efficient manner.
- Salary: Starting from $50,000 – $60,000 a year DOE; Exempt, Benefit Eligible position
- Start Date: Flexible
Thunder River Theatre Company is an award-winning professional non-profit theatre company nestled near the base of the majestic Mt. Sopris in beautiful Carbondale, Colorado. Located in the center of the Roaring Fork Valley, TRTC produces challenging work in a collaborative setting— ranging from theatre classics to world premiers — in our 99-seat black box theatre right off of main street. Founded in 1995, TRTC produces 4 main stage productions, a Theatre for Young Audience production, numerous Improv comedy nights and Cabarets, as well as collaborations with other community organizations in any given year.
- Working with the Artistic Director and Production Designer, lead all aspects of planning, scheduling, building, load-in, technical rehearsals, and strike for all productions and events in the season.
- Facilitate every aspect of design for all productions and rentals within budget. If requirements for rentals exceed what is reasonably expected, a separate fee can be negotiated with the renter.
- Draft technical build plans required to implement season production designs.
- Lead intern/volunteer/overhire crew in the construction and facilitation of all design elements, installations, strikes and rentals of the season.
- Assist in scheduling and coordinating the use of TRTC’s Black Box.
- Create & maintain a safe, clean workplace in all production areas. This includes scheduling annual tests for different aspects of the facility as well as performing reasonable maintenance on the facility.
- Serve as a member of the administrative team with the Executive Director, Artistic Director, and other staff.
- Serve as a point of contact for renters and community members using the space.
- Demonstrating tact and composure in stressful and time-sensitive environments is essential.
- Have an idea of career goals, and how TRTC can help fulfill them.
SKILLS AND TRAINING:
- MFA in a technical theatre discipline, or BA/BFA in Theatre, or comparable professional experience in technical theatre production.
- Three or more years of progressive professional technical theater production experience is preferred.
- Understanding of industry standards for theatrical scenery building, lighting systems, and sound reinforcement.
- Drafting experience (AutoCAD/Vectorworks/Sketchup) is required.
- Comprehensive training in the safe operation of stationary and portable power tools, hand tools, stage rigging, and equipment. Rigging experience, lighting experience, and sound experience are required.
- Able to work as a team member and maintain a positive attitude.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to carry up to 45 pounds unaided and lift 50-75 pounds.
- Must be able to climb and work from ladders and heights.
- Work is primarily performed inside the theater and occasionally outdoors.
- Work includes frequent walking, standing, bending, kneeling, climbing stairs and ladders, reaching and crouching. Office work may be done in a seated position, with some moving about and standing required.
- Must have the vision and dexterity to safely operate stationary and portable power tools, hand tools, stage rigging and lighting and sound equipment.
TO APPLY: Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Sean Jeffries, Executive Director of Thunder River Theatre Company | email@example.com
Thunder River Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities!
2 volunteers are needed each evening to assist with our concessions sales. No experience is required! All volunteers receive a free ticket to the performance.
You Can’t Take it With You
By: David Auburn
Friday, February 17 – Sunday, March 5
Click Here: Volunteer Sign Up
Call 970-963-8200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.